Positioning your company for long-term success requires organizational efficiency and productivity. Knowledge of the most efficient operations, structures, and best practices can differentiate a company from its peers.
Kingsley Associates offers organizational benchmarking services including operations benchmarking, fund fee benchmarking, and management fee benchmarking.
Kingsley Associates’ engagements with the real estate industry’s leading companies and industry trade organizations allow us access to the most updated operational benchmarks available. We help our clients optimize their operations through customized benchmarking initiatives that offer insight in areas such as:
- Corporate departmental expenses
- Salary and compensation
- Asset management fees
- Acquisitions fees
- Insurance program rates, deductibles, and limits
- Property management fees
- Construction management fees
With a deep understanding of operational performance and how it measures relative to competitors, your organization will be positioned to become an effective market leader.
Fund Fee Benchmarking
Kingsley Associates can provide relevant benchmarks across core, value-added, and opportunistic funds for clients raising capital for a new fund or seeking information regarding typical fee loads for a particular product.
With an extensive network and access to comprehensive fee data, our research tools enable a comparison of your firm’s products to other investment vehicles in the marketplace.
Our fund fee benchmarking program offers focused insight into:
- Typical structure of asset management fees for a particular strategy (e.g., based on NOI, NAV, or GAV and how it is tiered)
- Structure of promotions / incentives
- Typical leverage and return expectations
- Velocity of capital raising
- Trends in fee structure
Management Fee Benchmarking
Kingsley Associates regularly collects management fees and leasing commission data across major property types and markets. With access to this information, your firm can validate current management agreements, maintain competitive pricing, proactively manage costs, and increase knowledge of new markets. Kingsley Associates’ analysis will provide feedback on the following areas:
- Management fee ranges based upon market and property sub-type
- Typical construction management structures within each market
- Fee ranges for leasing commissions on new deals, renewals, and expansions