Kingsley Associates, in partnership with the National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC), is pleased to announce the release of the 2015 NMHC 50 rankings. This flagship study is the industry’s key resource for the largest apartment owners and managers. This year, the study has expanded to include the nation’s most active developers and general contractors.
A few highlights from the 2015 study include:
- 393,079 – Number of units managed by Greystar (#1 on the management list and Kingsley client) after the 2014 acquisition of the prior #2 manager Riverstone Residential.
- 58,839 – The record-breaking mean portfolio size of the NMHC 50 managers, up 3% over the prior year.
- 21 – Number of spots Essex Property Trust (#15 on the owner list and Kingsley client) moved up after purchasing BRE and gaining 23,060 units – the largest jump on this year’s ownership list.
- 22 – Number of Kingsley clients that made the NMHC 50 list.
- 5 – Number of years that Kingsley has partnered with NMHC on the study.